Expand my Community achievements bar.

Newbe with questions.

Level 1

I'm working on a couple forms for work and have some questions.

1.  I know how to make global fields which will automatically fill in text boxes on my pages 2 and 3.  Is there  a way to make them autofill, but be able to change the text on the pack pages if necessary without changing the first page.  My example is I have a date field which copies itself to page two and page three. I forsee that i may occasionally need to change the date on the back pages.  but don't want to  change it on page 1 also.

2.  Is there  a way to link two fields so that If i put an identification number in one field the description pops up in a different field?

3.  Is there a way to make it so that if my forms are saved, then they automatically do a "save as".  That way anytime the form is opened, it will be blank and the knuckleheads i work with won't muck anything up?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies

Level 10

Find my answers in BLUE..

1.  I know how to make global fields which will automatically fill in text boxes on my pages 2 and 3.  Is there  a way to make them autofill, but be able to change the text on the pack pages if necessary without changing the first page.  My example is I have a date field which copies itself to page two and page three. I forsee that i may occasionally need to change the date on the back pages.  but don't want to  change it on page 1 also.

Srini: Instead of making them as Global, keep them as Normal/ None binding.. And in the exit event of the TextField1, assign the value to TextField2 and TextField3. That way you can change the TextField2 and TextField3 values without changing the TextField1.

2.  Is there  a way to link two fields so that If i put an identification number in one field the description pops up in a different field?

Srini: You need to store the ID number and Descriptions in an array variable and then populate the ID numbers in a dropdown. When the user selects a ID Number, loop thru the Array variable and then search for the corresponding Description to display in an another TextField.

3.  Is there a way to make it so that if my forms are saved, then they automatically do a "save as".  That way anytime the form is opened, it will be blank and the knuckleheads i work with won't muck anything up?

Srini: You can write the below script code to invoke the SaveAs menu action.

app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");

Let me know if this helps/ if you need anything..

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Thank you so very much.  I appreciate you assistance.