Expand my Community achievements bar.

NEW TO LIVE CYCLE AND HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS.....

Level 2

Question 1: I would like to move the pages around but have not been able to figure it out, is it possible?

Question 2: I would like the name field to copy over to the name field on all pages.

Questions 3: There are fields that the administrator will fill in and would like it so that those fields can be locked so employees can not change the information.  Is it possible to lock or password protect certain fields?

Thank you for any help!!!

1 Reply

Employee

1) By pages, what do you mean? Pages rendered in the PDF and manipulated in Acrobat, or body pages switched around within Designer?

2) you can use Global Data binding to populate evey Name field with the same data (assuming 'Name' is the same on every page)

3) Yes. You can use the signature field to lock a set of fields indentified in a field collection, and associate that collection of fields with the signature, so that after signing all fields in the collection become locked. This is the easiest way to achieve that. If you don't use signatures, you can write some script to change a certain set of fields to have an access property set to either "readOnly", or "protected". If the fields are readOnly, users can still tab through them, and copy text. If they are protected, there is no user interaction with them at all.