Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Need help with repeatable subform

Level 1

I am trying to create an interactive form for users to enter in data and print off. I need part of the form to be repeatable if required by the user. I created a subform and added a button but it doesn't seem to be working (the preview format is Acrobat 8 Dynamic XML and I've saved the form as that too). The top part of the form - Box Information - does not need to be repeatable. I need the File Information to be repeatable at the user's request, so I assumed adding a button would do the trick. The user needs to be able to add as many File Information subforms as possible (minimum of 1).

I've set the content of the parent subform to Flowed, and I added objects to a subform which I wrapped within the parent subform, and set its content to flowed, but when I do this my formatting gets messed up and I can't move individual objects. (Basically, the File Information should look like the Box Information at the top of the form). I also set the Binding to repeat.

Do I only need 1 subform for the File Information or does it need to be in a subform wrapped in a subform? Do I create the subform first then add objects, or the other way around? What script do I need for the button? For now I have (Java):

Subform1.instanceManager.addInstance(

true);

I've attached the form as is, and would appreciate any help. This is my first time creating an interactive form and it's not going so well!

Thanks,

Karen

2 Replies

Level 1

Anyone have any advice?

I've been playing around with this, and still can't get it. I've wrapped a flowed subform within a flowed subform, and have Repeat checked off. I added a button outside the subform I want repeated, and have used the scripts

__FileInfo.instanceManager.addInstance(1); and __FileInfo.instanceManager.addInstance(true); but neither work. I have the form properties preview set to Interactive and Acrobat 8 Dynamic. Nothing happens when I click on the button. I've attached a new sample of the form I'm trying to create. Help please!

Thanks,

Karen

Level 2

I edited your form a bit.  Take a look at this and see if this does what you want it to do.