Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Need help with FormCalc or JavaScript calculation

Level 1

I have created a form in LiveCycle ES3. The user selects one of 4 options in a radio button list where each options is a set amount of hours (6, 12, 18 etc.). There is a list of approximately 20 events each with a specific amount of time (15 minutes, 1/2 hour, 1 hour, etc.) I have a grand total that calculates as the user selects the individual items. If the user selects any one of the radio buttons (let's say 6 hours) and the total exceeds that amount I need two actions 1) they have to stop and 2) a message displays that says they must deselect some items or select a different button (with more hours). I have the grand total adding in the calculate event of the Grand Total field using FormCalc. Do I need to switch to JavaScript? Could someone help with either FormCalc or JavaScript.

Here is an example of a formula for calculating the time for any one of the items:

if (Attendance == 1) then

$ =  1.50

else

$ =  0.00

endif

The grand total is compiled in FormCalc (in the calculate event) as follows:

Sum(Table1.Row1.AttendanceT + Table1.Row2.BirthT + Table1.Row3.CommunityT + Table1.Row4.CustomFiltersT + Table1.Row5.DataEntryT + Table1.Row6.DisabilitiesT + Table1.Row7.EducationT)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Replies