Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Need help with a form I created XML to ??

Former Community Member

Hi,

I created a pdf form in LC ES 8.2 and when it gets filled out and e-mailed to me it comes in as an xml document.  Is there a way to have it come in as an excel document so I can collect the data and arrange in categories?  If not, can I get it to come a a pdf?

I've attached it for you guys to see.

thanks!

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Excel is not an option but you can send it as a PDF. Note that if you are using Reader then you will have to Reader Extend

the form in Acrobat to allow the PDF to be saved locally.

Here is an updated version of the form.....it has not been Reader Extended.

Paul

Former Community Member

Paul,

Thanks for replying.

What does Reader Extended mean?

IS there any way to collect the data into a spreadsheet or anything similar?

Thanks,

Tarek

Former Community Member

Reader provides you a subset of the functions that you can do in Acrobat. That is why Reader is free and there is a charge for Acrobat. Reader Extensions allows you to extend the functionality of Reader to include specific functionality that it mormally does not have for that PDF only.

There is a Distribute Form function that can be used to send your form around, allow your users to fill it out and send back the results to you. Those results canbe displayed in a grid structure. This is a function of Acrobat and can also be used from Designer (under the File menu). It leverages acrobat.com to accomplish this so you must be connected to the Net to make use of this.

Give it a try to see if it does what you want.

Paul

Former Community Member

I tried it and am having the following problems I was hoping for some help with.

When someone fills it out and e-mails it to me the cells are not locked, meaning they can be changed/altered.  Can I get it in a regular pdf format so that when its sent for viewing, changes can't asily be made?  I also had a user that was unable to save it.,

Thanks,
Tarek

Former Community Member

You would have to add code that will lock the fields on the form before sending.

For the user that was unable to save it ...did they user a Reader Extended form?

Paul