Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Need Help Populating single textfield with Dynamic Table data

Level 2

Hello

I'm trying to fill a text field with data from a dynamic table. So I know how many item are in the table with the instancemanager.count function. I need help getting the data from the dynamic table and inserting it into one text field followed by comma.

Example:

Dynamic table :     row[1]: DATA_01

row[2]: DATA_02

row[3]: DATA_03

I would like the textbox to automatically populate with the data in this format: DATA_01, DATA_02, DATA_03... and continue if there are more data.

I started with the code below but it doesn't do the job.                               

var Count = form1.page2.DATA_history.instanceManager.count;

var temp;

for (var i = 0; i<Count; i++)

{

temp = xfa.resolveNode("form1.page2.PO_history[" + i + "]").DATA.rawValue;      // this seem to get the last row entry only.

this.rawValue = this.rawValue + temp;                                                                 

}

I hope I was clear, but if anyone need clarification please ask. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Try the following:

var temp = "";

{

temp = temp + xfa.resolveNode("form1.page2.PO_history[" + i + "]").DATA.rawValue + ", ";                                             

}

this.rawValue = temp;

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Try the following:

var temp = "";

{

temp = temp + xfa.resolveNode("form1.page2.PO_history[" + i + "]").DATA.rawValue + ", ";                                             

}

this.rawValue = temp;

Former Community Member

In my table, I have

Row1[0]

Row1[1]

Row1[2]

which is the way LiveCycle automatically names rows (I haven't renamed them).

Each row has several cells. I renamed the first column cells:

data_00

data_01

data_02

Now, considering that instance index is 0-based as said here http://forums.adobe.com/thread/607657

var Count = form1.pag2.Table2.instanceManager.count;

var temp = "";

for (var i = 0; i<Count+1; i++)

{

temp = temp + xfa.resolveNode("#subform.Table2.Row1["+i+"].data_0"+i).rawValue + ", ";                                            

}

TextField3.rawValue = temp.substring(0, temp.length - 2);

The last row substring method just removes the trailing ", " from the resulting string.

I tested it and it works: it makes a string out of all first column cells' values and put it into TextField3.

Hope it helps.

Level 2

Thank you very much your code was exactly what I needed. Also thanks mrfale67 for the link and I didnt knew that about the 0 index. I tryed the code and at first didn't work but I realize it  was my trigger event that made it not activate so I switch to calcaluated but it showed null value when empty. I rather the value be blank when empty but I figure it from here guys thanks for everything.