to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

need a better way to reset selected cells in a table

Level 2

Hello all,

I have been looking at the various threads discussing resetting only selected fields in a form and leaving others unchanged.

The form I am working on has a table of 20 body rows with 8 columns. I want to have a reset button that resets 6 of the cells in each row.

I am using the following snippet:

for (var nRow = 1; nRow < 21; nRow++)

for (var nCell = 0; nCell < 6; i++)

{

xfa.host.resetData("form1.page1.wrapper.ICC.Table1.Row[" + nRow + "].rate[" + nCell + "]");

}

This works but is extremely slow (on the order of 10 seconds) and my pc is no slouch.  There has to be a simpler (and faster!) way to do this.

I saw one thread where the cells that were to be spared from the reset could be listed but just could not make that work at all. I thought about putting the cells to be spared into a subform but that went nowhere, as I was only able to place individual cells into separate subforms.

Any suggestions will be welcome ... with formcalc script if possible:)

Thanks.

Harry Ohm.

edit: Now it appears it does not work as I first thought. It works on a single row but not when the nested for loops are used.

Message was edited by: HarryOhm

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Harry,

Just two small issues. I would wrap the first for loop in {} and then you have i++ in the second loop:

{

for (var nCell = 0; nCell < 6; nCell++)

{

xfa.host.resetData("form1.page1.wrapper.ICC.Table1.Row[" + nRow + "].rate[" + nCell + "]");

}

}

It looks like your table is static (rows do not repeat). One option would be to build up a variable/string with the objects names and then reset that. This is a reset example from one of our forms (http://assure.ly/gBJYj9). Here it is resetting one row and two fields outside of the table:

// reset page 6 only

var f1 = Table1.Row1.description.somExpression + ", ";

var f2 = f1 + Table1.Row1.quantity.somExpression + ", ";

var f3 = f2 + Table1.Row1.unitPrice.somExpression + ", ";

var f4 = f3 + positionedSF.myName.somExpression + ", ";

var f5 = f4 + positionedSF.myAddress.somExpression;

xfa.host.resetData(f5);

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Harry,

Just two small issues. I would wrap the first for loop in {} and then you have i++ in the second loop:

{

for (var nCell = 0; nCell < 6; nCell++)

{

}

}

It looks like your table is static (rows do not repeat). One option would be to build up a variable/string with the objects names and then reset that. This is a reset example from one of our forms (http://assure.ly/gBJYj9). Here it is resetting one row and two fields outside of the table:

// reset page 6 only

var f1 = Table1.Row1.description.somExpression + ", ";

var f2 = f1 + Table1.Row1.quantity.somExpression + ", ";

var f3 = f2 + Table1.Row1.unitPrice.somExpression + ", ";

var f4 = f3 + positionedSF.myName.somExpression + ", ";

var f5 = f4 + positionedSF.myAddress.somExpression;

xfa.host.resetData(f5);

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 2

Niall,

Many thanks for your reply.

That works much better. Seems to be a liitle speedier.

Harry.