Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Navigation to isolated pages

Level 4

Hi,

I'm making a form that only allows the user to see one page at a time, and to navigate via Next>> and <<Return buttons. 

There's no problem going from Page1 to Page 2, but when I navigate from Page 2 to Page 3, it takes me to Page 3 but also shows a blank page above it (showing only the info from my master page).  Any idea why this is happening? I'll post the relevant portions of the code and Action Builder.

I'm sure there's an easier way to do it, but here are the conditions/results I have:

GoNext1 Condition:when button GoNext1 is clicked

Result: set the visibility of Page1 to "hidden"

Result: set the visibility of Page2 to "visible"

Result: set the visibility of Page3 to "hidden"

Result: Go to the next page

GoNext2 Condition:when button GoNext2 is clicked

Result: Go to the next page

Result: set the visibility of Page1 to "hidden"

Result: set the visibility of Page2 to "hidden"

Result: set the visibility of Page3 to "visible"

And here is the code that I've used to hide pages 2 and 3 when the form first loads:

form1::initialize - (JavaScript, client)

Page2.presence="hidden";

Page3.presence="hidden";

I would definitely appreciate the help. If more info is needed I'll be checking this thread periodically.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I finally figured it out. It's an issue of pagination.  The pages that made the "blank" page tag along were listed as Top of the Page rather than Following the Previous Page.  Thanks for you help.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 4

Hi

I am not sure that you can 'hide' page 1.  I have replicated your problem and cannot find a solution.  What you could do as a work around is to set the form to open in full screen mode, set a black rectangle filler to cover the first page when you go to the next page and set focus to it as well if necessary. Remove black rectangle when user wishes to go back to Page 1.

Level 4

Snooker,

Thanks for replying. I'm not trying to "hide" page 1 upon opening-only when a user navigates to another page.

Level 4

Yes that is what I mean. I don’t think it is ever possible to remove page 1, hence the workaround. Make sense?

Level 4

What you could probably do is create a dynamic form that could shift the content around as needed though. You would need to create subforms for the content for each of the pages that would need to be displayed. There is lots of information about how to create dynamic forms on web. If you are struggling post details of the form and I will have a look for you.

Level 4

Re: possible to hide page:

When I navigate to page2, page1 is hidden with no problems. It's only page 3 that gives me problems.

I do definitely need to look into dynamic forms...

Level 4

Another note:

I created a new really simple form. It's hiding and showing the correct pages, but it's also showing the Masterpage. ??

Correct answer by
Level 4

I finally figured it out. It's an issue of pagination.  The pages that made the "blank" page tag along were listed as Top of the Page rather than Following the Previous Page.  Thanks for you help.