Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

My form is working great until it gets to page 3, and then formatting is all messed up. What could be wrong?

Level 1

I have been working to create a very simple form for 2 days now. I finally have everything working correctly with tables, buttons, etc., until you add enough tables that you get to the third page. Then, everything starts messing up. What could be the problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

See if that does not solve your problem.

Dropbox - Blackline Test.pdf

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 4

Without specific information about what is "messing" up, your problem is difficult to diagnose. Your page three may have different layout or object settings. Page 3 could be on a different master page. Can you possibly post the form, along with the specific format issues you are having with Page 3?

Level 1

How do I post the form? What's happening is that a table from the first page that is supposed to stay on the first page is moving down to the third page when you add enough new data.

Level 4

Most use a file sharing program such as Dropbox. This forum does not allow posts of files. Based on what you said, this sounds like an Object's Pagination settings need some adjustment. If can you can find a posting site, let us know.

Level 1

Dropbox - Blackline Meeting Minutes Form2.pdf

Hopefully the link above works. This is a form I created for meeting minutes. If you click "add meeting minute" enough to fill up the second page, when it gets to the third page, it moved the "attendee" information from the first page to the top of the third. For the life of me I cannot figure this out. Any help is MUCH appreciated!

Level 4

I downloaded your form. The problem isn't that the format runs away on the top of page three, it is because you are adding the 8th instance of the minutes subform; the height of this form simply takes the 8th instance to the top of page 3.

Look in your add buttons for both the attendees and minutes table. You have an if (but no else) statement in the add buttons that seems to indicate you want to limit additional instances to 8. if that is true, it is easier to set the min/max property on the binding tab for your subform.

It is late here and I cant fix it for you but if you need help tomorrow let me know and I will fix the code.

Level 1

I'm looking (at the Design view) and I can't seem to see where the issue is. I don't see that the instances of the minutes table are limited to 8, but whenever I get to the 3rd page the Attendees section (and Meeting Minutes title bar) are moving down to the top of Pg.3). You help is so greatly appreciated. This is driving me crazy!

Correct answer by
Level 4

See if that does not solve your problem.

Dropbox - Blackline Test.pdf

Level 1

I don't know what you did (I'm going to look at it so I can learn) but thank you so very much!!!

Level 4

Glad that helped. I had to teach a webinar today so did not have time to elaborate on what I did to make your form work. To simply illustrate what I changed, consider the following:

Your JavaScript in the click event of the Add Minutes button:

this.resolveNode('MeetingMinuteSubform._MeetingMinuteTable').addInstance(1);

if (xfa.host.version < 8) {

xfa.form.recalculate(1);

}

My code:

this.resolveNode('MeetingMinuteSubform._MeetingMinuteTable').addInstance(1);

In other words, the "if" statement was not necessary to add another minute and was creating an unwanted result. So you were almost there.