Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Multiple Variable Scripting - Not sure how to write script in FormCalc or JavaScript - Using LiveCycle ES2

Level 2

Good afternoon. I am designing a form, and am running into issues on how to create a concatenated field. I have multiple text fields for entering comments throughout the form (TextField1, TextField2, etc.). What I am trying to do is set up an additional calculated field that will display all of the comments listed elsewhere in the document.

Here is the rub - I want each of these to start on a new line, and I don't want a blank line if no comment was left.

I tried using variables (var), but don't know how to set them up to be conditional. What I tried was:

if (TextField1.isNull) then var a = "" else var b = /n + TextField1.rawValue

if (TextField2.isNull) then var b = "" else var b = /n + TextField2.rawValue

$.rawValue = Concat (a, b)

This is in FC because I am even worse with JS, but am willing to learn. Needless to say, there are many more than 2 TextFields - this is just a jumping off point, and I believe the script should work the same no matter the number of variables introduced. If there is anyone who could please lend a hand, I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,

Brock

6 Replies

Level 4

[Question moved to the LCD forum]

Level 3

If you want a string containing a new line it is "\n"  - backslash, not forward slash, in double quotes.

Level 2

Thank you. Tried the following:

if (TextField1.isNull) then var a = "" else var a = "\n" + TextField1.rawValue endif

if (TextField2.isNull) then var b = "" else var b = "\n" + TextField2.rawValue endif

Received the following error: Error: accessor 'a' is unknown.

Level 3

(Sorry, I see there is an endif in formcalc. But I've never used it, so I don't know further.

Level 2

Because I thought you were supposed to. I should have mentioned - I am not a programmer. I am a technical writer.

I treated the "endif" like a closing parens. I did try removing the "endif" and it no longer told me that accessor 'a' is unknown. However, now I get a syntax error. Here is what I have:

if (TextField1.isNull) then var a = "" else var a = "\n" + TextField1.rawValue

if (TextField2.isNull) then var b = "" else var b = "\n" + TextField2.rawValue

Error: syntax error near token ')' on line 6, column 0.

There is no line 6. There is also no column 0...

*bangs head against wall*