Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Multiple Rows in Footer part of a table

Level 2

Hi all you,

I'd like to know if there is a way to handle dynamically several rows in the footer table's part.

In fact, i try to summarize for every page of a form , the total of expenditure by Currency.

Thanks!

Brice

9 Replies

Level 7

Hi Brice,

Could you post a sample of what you're trying to do and describe your problem a bit more? If you've got a dynamic form that expands to extra pages and you need a footer to stay at the bottom of each page the way to do it is to shrink your master page subform and place the footer below the subform on the master page.

Level 2

Thanks Djaknow for you answer.

Unfortunetaly, i can't send any sample because i work on a SAP version of Adobe lifecyble (nevertheless, this work exactly like the genuine one).

In fact, i'm making an invoice form which has different currencies in it. This is a multi page form. Therefore i have to summarize amounts for each currrency which means that i have a list of currencies in the footer of each page.

The way i've done it is as followed:

- I've created a table just below the masterpage content area. But it works only for the first page. The following pages displayed nothing. I think it is due to lifecycle which stop enumerating data after the first page.

May be if we tell lifecycle to reset dataset processing for each page, it would works. But i don't know how to do it with formcalc or javascript language.

Level 7

Are you using more than one master page? If so, you'll need to put the footer on each master page. If you only have one master page and the form is set up to dynamically expand the footer should show up on each successive page.

Level 2

Yes i got 2 masterpages. But i do insert this table on each and it doesn't  work much better.

Have you ever tried doing this ? have you a pdf example ?

Level 7

Are you restricting the page occurrence on the first master page, and if so, to how many pages? If you want all pages to look the same, you need to have your footers below the master page content areas in the same position. If you have multiple master pages you'll need to restrict the occurrence somehow so that Designer knows how you want the form to behave.

Level 2

The 1st masterpage is restricted to only one occurence. The 2nd one is not restricted.

The footer is exactly the same in both masterpage.

Level 7

The only other thing I can suggest without seeing the form is to double check the visibility on the footer in the second master page. There's no way for you to post it? If you're creating it in Designer you should still be able to save the form as a pdf, shouldn't you?

Level 2

Ok djaknow. I made a little sample of what it looks like (it's a draft).

You got the xdp and data to test it on attachment.

Thanks

Level 7

After fooling around with your sample a bit, the only way I could get the master page table to populate more than one instance was to create exra master pages and create a data set for each master page. Having said that I still don't see why your sample doesn't work. I would think that each successive of a master page would simply continue to pull in the dataset for each new instance, but that's obviously not the case. Sorry Brice, I'm at a loss on this one.