Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multipage subform - What do I do wrong?

Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have a subform containing the "lines" (of an invoice) that I would like to see repeated when there are more lines than one page can hold. I think I followed tutorials and other discussions on the forum, but it still doesn't work: lines are printed until the bottom of the page (instead of being printed until the bottom of my subform) and no new page is created.I don't understand what I do wrong. I use LiveCycle Designer 8.2 (in SAPGUI).

Here is the structure of my form and related properties:

data

|__ (untitled Subform) (page 1)

|__ "Main" subform -> Content = "Positionned", "Allow Page Breaks within Content" is checked, no bindings. This subform contains the "frame" of the table, as the size of this frame should be always the same, whatever the number of lines. It also contains the "header".

|__ "Table" subform -> Content = "Positionned", "Allow Page Breaks within Content" is checked, no bindings.

|__ "Lines" subform -> Content = "Flowed", "Allow Page Breaks within Content" is checked, bound to "$.BODY.BODY"

|__ "Row" subform ->  Content = "Positionned", "Allow Page Breaks within Content" is checked, bound to $.WA_BODY[*], "Repeat Subform for Each Data Item" is checked

I also tried to include the "Main" subform and related contents in the "Page 1" master page, but it didn't work either. The only difference is that "Allow Page Breaks within Content" is not checked, as it is greyed-out.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Mateo

3 Replies

Level 10

Your Main and Table subforms should be set to Flowed and Allow Page Breaks. And I think I'd unwrap the "untitled subform" at the top (get rid of it) or set it to Flowed as well - and if you decide to keep it give it a name it will make scripting easier, but from your sample it doesn't look like it is doing anything.

A Flowed subform is able to grow and shrink. A Positioned subform holds static objects and can't grow or shrink.

Level 1

Thank you very much for your help.

My "Table" subform is the table holder: I would like the lines to "stop" at the bottom border of the "Table" Subform, and start again on a new page if necessary. That's why I set it up as "Positionned", in order to be able to se a fixed height. So I can't set it up as flowed.

And if I set my "Main" subform to "flowed", the whole layout is screwed up

In other words, what should I do to have a fixed-sized "holder" subform that would hold the lines, and would create a new page if there are too many lines?

Level 1

Oh, and my "Lines" subform is set  up as positionned also because the "Lines" subform layout is a bit complex, so I can't set it up as flowed.