to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Hidden Subform issue

mattsroufe
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the following function to populate an error subform in a form.  It's works the way it should except when there are no errors (errMsg.length === 0).

Changing the ErrorsField presence to hidden causes the for block not to execute. The alert still comes up. I have somewhat fixed the problem by moving the ErrorsField.presence = "hidden" command to the PreSubmit event but I really don't understand why it won't work this way.  I would really appreciate any help.

function PopulateErrors() {

ErrorsField.ListBox1.clearItems();

if (errMsg.length > 0) {

ErrorsField.presence = "visible";

for (var i = 0; i < xfa.layout.pageCount(); i++) {

xfa.resolveNode("form1.Page1[" + i + "].EmailSubmitButton1").presence = "hidden";

xfa.resolveNode("form1.Page1[" + i + "].Submit").x = "3.375in";

}

for (var i = 0; i < errMsg.length; i++) {

ErrorsField.ListBox1.addItem(errMsg[i].message);

}

ErrorsField.ListBox1.caption.value.text.value = errMsg.length === 1 ? errMsg.length + " error found. Please correct the fields listed below." : errMsg.length + " errors found. Please correct the fields listed below.";

xfa.host.setFocus(ErrorsField.GoToFirst);

}

else {

ErrorsField.presence = "hidden";

for (var i = 0; i < xfa.layout.pageCount(); i++) {

xfa.resolveNode("form1.Page1[" + i + "].EmailSubmitButton1").presence = "visible";

xfa.resolveNode("form1.Page1[" + i + "].Submit").x = "2.375in";

}

xfa.host.messageBox("No errors found. You may submit your survey by clicking on the green submit button.", "Error check", 3);

}

}

0 Replies