Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Multi-line entries in drop-down

Level 3

Hi - I have a drop-down with a very long list, displaying in a fixed field area. Some of the entries are very long, and since the drop-down only allows one line, the rest of the entry is obscured. Is there any way to get the drop-down to display multi-line? Or at least to commit the selection to the fixed filed area as multi-line?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

A dropdown list oly shows single lines.

But you can use a textfield as alias to design something similar.

I have a sample form with a table that uses a dropdown field that is generally with white text.

When you enter the drpdown the text becomes black.

You can select one entry that then will be populated in a alias textfield that can show multiple lines.

After that, the text in the dropdown returns back to white.

Multiline_DD_1.jpg

Multiline_DD_2.jpg

https://acrobat.com/#d=kvGJ4kTvXaZHj5g6LJpP6Q

View solution in original post

32 Replies

Level 7

You need to email me. My email is mousland at gmail .com

Level 8

I think you uploaded another sample ...! But that is OK, because I liked it also....

Tarek

Level 8

Thanks! It would be great if you could point us to all samples yo may, they are so useful.

Tarek

Level 1

Can someone please send me a link to the sample PDF pretty please?

Level 1

Links only go to general website. Nothing else.

Level 1

Hi,
"radzmar's" samples would be very useful, as I deal with a form containing very long texts in dropdowns and am lookin for an appropriate multi-line solution (not just inserting \n or \r).
But the link above leads also only to the general website which shows the message that my Adobe-Reader is not up-to-date. But it is! up-to-date . Any hints?

Level 10

Try downloading the sample and opening it in Adobe Reader, seems t work for me.

Level 1

Thx. But - downloading what and where? As far as I know Adobe Reader prefers .pdf. Please don't be angry but your answer makes me feel like a newbie....

Level 10

Follow the link and click the download icon to get the sample PDF.

1793719_pastedImage_0.png