Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multi-line entries in drop-down

Level 3

Hi - I have a drop-down with a very long list, displaying in a fixed field area. Some of the entries are very long, and since the drop-down only allows one line, the rest of the entry is obscured. Is there any way to get the drop-down to display multi-line? Or at least to commit the selection to the fixed filed area as multi-line?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

A dropdown list oly shows single lines.

But you can use a textfield as alias to design something similar.

I have a sample form with a table that uses a dropdown field that is generally with white text.

When you enter the drpdown the text becomes black.

You can select one entry that then will be populated in a alias textfield that can show multiple lines.

After that, the text in the dropdown returns back to white.

Multiline_DD_1.jpg

Multiline_DD_2.jpg

https://acrobat.com/#d=kvGJ4kTvXaZHj5g6LJpP6Q

View solution in original post

32 Replies

Level 7

You need to email me. My email is mousland at gmail .com

Level 8

I think you uploaded another sample ...! But that is OK, because I liked it also....

Tarek

Level 8

Thanks! It would be great if you could point us to all samples yo may, they are so useful.

Tarek

Level 1

Can someone please send me a link to the sample PDF pretty please?

Level 1

Links only go to general website. Nothing else.

Level 1

Hi,
"radzmar's" samples would be very useful, as I deal with a form containing very long texts in dropdowns and am lookin for an appropriate multi-line solution (not just inserting \n or \r).
But the link above leads also only to the general website which shows the message that my Adobe-Reader is not up-to-date. But it is! up-to-date . Any hints?

Level 10

Try downloading the sample and opening it in Adobe Reader, seems t work for me.

Level 1

Thx. But - downloading what and where? As far as I know Adobe Reader prefers .pdf. Please don't be angry but your answer makes me feel like a newbie....

Level 10

Follow the link and click the download icon to get the sample PDF.

1793719_pastedImage_0.png