Expand my Community achievements bar.

Missing functions and properties

Level 2

Hi,

I'm currently using the latest Cocomo SDK 0.92 for some tests prior to implementation in a real-life project. However, when I run some of the samples that need Flash player 10 I get error about missing functions and properties. For example, in the PeerToPeer sample I get the following errors:

1061: Call to a possibly undefined method resetAllStreams through a reference with static type com.adobe.rtc.collaboration:AudioSubscriber.    CocomoExample/src    PeerToPeerRtmfp.mxml    line 97    1240569810056    357
1119: Access of possibly undefined property codec through a reference with static type com.adobe.rtc.collaboration:AudioPublisher.    CocomoExample/src    PeerToPeerRtmfp.mxml    line 59    1240569810054    350
1119: Access of possibly undefined property codec through a reference with static type com.adobe.rtc.collaboration:AudioPublisher.    CocomoExample/src    PeerToPeerRtmfp.mxml    line 70    1240569810055    352
1119: Access of possibly undefined property codec through a reference with static type com.adobe.rtc.collaboration:AudioPublisher.    CocomoExample/src    PeerToPeerRtmfp.mxml    line 72    1240569810055    353
1119: Access of possibly undefined property CONNECTION_TYPE_CHANGE through a reference with static type Class.    CocomoExample/src    PeerToPeerRtmfp.mxml    line 58    1240569810054    349
1119: Access of possibly undefined property framesPerPacket through a reference with static type com.adobe.rtc.clientManagers:MicrophoneManager.    CocomoExample/src    PeerToPeerRtmfp.mxml    line 60    1240569810054    351
1119: Access of possibly undefined property isP2P through a reference with static type com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers:StreamManager.    CocomoExample/src    PeerToPeerRtmfp.mxml    line 92    1240569810056    356
1119: Access of possibly undefined property protocol through a reference with static type com.adobe.rtc.authentication:AdobeHSAuthenticator.    CocomoExample/src    PeerToPeerRtmfp.mxml    line 81    1240569810055    354
1119: Access of possibly undefined property protocol through a reference with static type com.adobe.rtc.authentication:AdobeHSAuthenticator.    CocomoExample/src    PeerToPeerRtmfp.mxml    line 82    1240569810055    355

True enough, when I check the source of these classes, the funtions and properties in question are not present. They also do not show up in the ASdocs or in code-completion.

I have the "Required Flash player version" set to 10.0.0 and the library path of my project contains the Flash player 10 afcs.swc.

I also have the com.adobe folder in my project because apparently, the afcs.swc (both the FP 9 and 10 version) don't have the com.adobe.rtc folder in them and the com.adobe.coreUI folder only contains controls=>.\assets=>ColorPicker.png

Am I missing something? Shouldn't those classes have these functions and properties? Shouldn't the swc's contain the full source of the SDK?

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Hi,

When you are running the example , you are using player 10 swc but are you linking to the player 9 source i.e. the source we provide in Project->Properties->Flex Build Path->Source Path , if that is the case, it will take the afcs source from there and not the .swc you are adding to library path.

We do not yet provide the source or the asdoc for the flash player 10 swc and the source you see in the SDK folder is that of player 9, that is the reason you do not find functions like resetAllStreams etc since they are specific to player 10 and I just verified that the function resetAllStreams exist in our player 10 source for AudioSubscriber. We might start giving out the source for player 10 in future , but if you are using player 10 swc use the library .swc and not link to the source path directly.

I just ran the example with just the player 10 swc and it worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu