Expand my Community achievements bar.

Minimum permissions required for New Role to be able to call specific services

Level 4

We have a .net application that calls the RenderPDF service as well as a custom workbench workflow that we've deployed with a web service end point and retrieves a form from the repository.  The .net app connects to LiveCycle with a login, SYSEAI, that was created through the admin UI > User Mgmt.  The login, SYSEAI, is assigned a new Role.  I guess I could have easily just assigned the out of box role, Services User.  But then this user can invoke any service.  Is it possible to create a new Role that is restricted to a subset of services and workflows?

4 Replies

Level 10

On the service itself (in adminui under service management) you can specify who has access to it.

Jasmin

Level 4

Do you mean when I configure the Watched Folder, the User Name field?  (see attached?)

What about my other situation where i'm trying to restrict specific out of the box services such as FormDataIntegration.importData or FormsService.renderFormGuide to specific users?  Or would I have to wrap them inside of a workflow to do that?

THANKS!

Level 10

No.

When you configure the watch folder, you configure an endpoint to the service. There's also a security tab where you can configure who has access to the service.

Jasmin

Level 4

You mean by Adding a Prinicpal on this tab?