Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Made a form in which colleagues can add revisions(+1 row) and amendments (1a,b,c). Once filled in, and opened again the amendments disappear. Anyone who can help?

Former Community Member

Hi everyone,

See picture below. Part of a large form I made for work. Got a little problem though. Adding a new row with the button 'add a new revision' is working perfect (also when saved and reopened). But when I add amendments with the + button on the right (a,b,c), these disappear when I save and reopen the file. Anyone who can help?

Thanks!

untitled.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
11 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Do the amendment fields have any binding defined, if not the values will be lot.

Regards

Bruce

Former Community Member

Hi Bruce,

Yes those field have the binding 'use name'. Is this wrong?

Level 10

Hi,

'use name' should be fine as long as everything else is.

Can you post a link to your form so we can have a look, you can't upload the form in this forum but if you use Acrobat.com,  Google Docs, or similar and post a link here we can try and see what is happening.

Regards

Bruce

Level 10

Hi,

did you set the form properties to preserve script changes?

See this tutorial to learn how to do this.

Configuring forms to preserve scripting changes | Working with Adobe LiveCycle ES2 | Adobe TV

Former Community Member

Hey!

Yes the form properties are set to preserve script changes...

Here's the link to this part of the document:

Untitled1.pdf - Google Drive

Thank you

Level 7

I had no problem adding and saving using both the and the top button. Are you saving with Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader?

Level 10

Ok, I've checked your form and there are some problem in your design.

You should use better namings for your objects!

It makes no sense to name to tables with repeatable instances the same.

This can cause problems with repeated objects and also requires the usage of the slow resolveNode() method.

I've changed a few object names and so I where able to shorten many of your current scripts.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/7b4655fb-feea-4d55-896e-83317605ee19

Former Community Member

I am saving with Adobe Reader, but my colleagues have pro and when they save the document they have the same problem.

Former Community Member

Thank for the tips. But in your modified form certain things don't work: when I add revisions (1,2,3) and then want to add amendments (a,b,c) they do not appear. Also it shows 01'  instead of 01a.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I've fixed the problem you described.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/e192fe2f-3268-4075-ae2d-09d471e2e783

Hope this helps.