Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Looking for a way to add more signatures

Level 3

I'm creating a form that has a standard orginator and approver signature blocks.  Is there a button or another way to add additional approver signature blocks if needed?  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Catherine -

Depends on the type of signature block you are looking to add.  If a secured digital signature, then those do not allow you to add in dynamically from what I see.  If the signature block is just a holding spot for an ink signature then you could put in code to duplicate a subform that contains the signature block.

A work around for a digital signature is to create several signature blocks and make them hidden until a check box is selected, or something along those lines.

If ink signature blocks then put your signature block objects in a subform, call it "SigBlock" for example.  Make sure the form is setup as dynamic, and set the subforms as flowed to avoid overwirting any info underneath.  You could place a button that states something like "Click to add signature" and put this code under the CLICK event:

Page._SigBlock.addInstance(1);
xfa.form.recalculate(1);

If digital signatures then you'll want to embed Positioned subforms inside flowed subforms so that all materials flow, but the actual digital signature is in a fixed location.  Be sure to set your FILE - FORM PROPERTIES - DEFAULTS to "Manually" on scripting and check the box titled "Enforce Strict Scoping".  Then setup all your digital signature blocks, and when all formatted properly you could add in some hidden checkboxes that are set to CALCULATED, and have code under those that check status of a user checkbox to add signatures.  If  != 1, then the calculated field could tell the form to hide the signature block.  If == 1 then the block unhides.  Inside that block can be another user selected checkbox to add another signature, another hidden calculate field, etc.  I would do this instead of setting up hidden properties in the form INITIALIZE setting since you may not want to hid those blocks everytime the form is loaded.

A tad complicated, but it works!

Jim

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Catherine -

Depends on the type of signature block you are looking to add.  If a secured digital signature, then those do not allow you to add in dynamically from what I see.  If the signature block is just a holding spot for an ink signature then you could put in code to duplicate a subform that contains the signature block.

A work around for a digital signature is to create several signature blocks and make them hidden until a check box is selected, or something along those lines.

If ink signature blocks then put your signature block objects in a subform, call it "SigBlock" for example.  Make sure the form is setup as dynamic, and set the subforms as flowed to avoid overwirting any info underneath.  You could place a button that states something like "Click to add signature" and put this code under the CLICK event:

Page._SigBlock.addInstance(1);
xfa.form.recalculate(1);

If digital signatures then you'll want to embed Positioned subforms inside flowed subforms so that all materials flow, but the actual digital signature is in a fixed location.  Be sure to set your FILE - FORM PROPERTIES - DEFAULTS to "Manually" on scripting and check the box titled "Enforce Strict Scoping".  Then setup all your digital signature blocks, and when all formatted properly you could add in some hidden checkboxes that are set to CALCULATED, and have code under those that check status of a user checkbox to add signatures.  If  != 1, then the calculated field could tell the form to hide the signature block.  If == 1 then the block unhides.  Inside that block can be another user selected checkbox to add another signature, another hidden calculate field, etc.  I would do this instead of setting up hidden properties in the form INITIALIZE setting since you may not want to hid those blocks everytime the form is loaded.

A tad complicated, but it works!

Jim

Level 3

Cool Thanks!  This was very helpful and I was able to get it working.  Another question...you wouldn't know how to customize the highlight color for certain fields?  Any help on this thanks so much.