Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle won't load... need assistance ASAP please

Level 1

I'm working on a form for a staffing company's tiem sheet. I've used LiveCycle in the past atr otehr jobs, but never launched my own copy through my Acrobat Professional until recently, and it doesn't work. I've tried repairing the install and even did a fresh install/re-registering the product, and it still won't launch.

I get the following error messages:

"Acrobat cannot start Adobe LiveCycle Designer. You may need to repair or reinstall the application using the original installation program."

or when launching LiveCycle directly from my programs:

"The application or DLL C:\\WINDOWS\\WinSxS\x86_MicrosoftVC80.IvFC_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4053_x-ww_b77cec8e\MFC80U.DLL is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Like I said, I've repaired and reinstalled the program a number of times already with no luck. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

I got this error also, and found out that this props up when

You have SQLServer or SqlServer Express intalled on your local machine. Uninstall Sqlserver and Livecycle will load. At our company we use, SQLserver off the Server anyway, so my desktop only has SQLServer management Studio and thats fine for me

Please let me know if this helped.

Regards

Nanda

Level 1

I don't have either of those installed, so that's not the issue. Thank you, though. I'm hoping someone comes up with a solution. I'm going to lose money for this assignment if this isn't rectified.

Level 1

My issue was resolved. I had a bad dll file on my installation disk. After some time on the phone with support we figured it out, I downloaded a new dll, and it's working.