Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

LiveCycle ES4. How can I set focus to an expanding row in a table?

Level 2

Say I click a + button to add a row to a table. How can I xfa.host.setFocus to a cell in the NEW row? The only thing I can manage to do currently is set the focus to Row 1 Cell 1. But how can I write a script for a table row that does not actually exists until the user clicks the "+" button? Currently when I add a multiple rows, the focus will be placed into row 1 every single time. I want each NEW row cell 1 to get the focus.

Header 1Header 2Header 3
Imagine a plus + button to the left of this. User clicks it. The row below me appears, with a blinking cursors ready for input. (I know its there, but pretend it does not appear until the user clicks the plus button above)
| (blinking cursor)

Windows 10, LiveCycle ES4, Version 11.0.0.20130303.1.892433

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

when using a button to add a row you are probably using the following method:

by using this method, it will return the instance added within the table. So you can hold the new instance in a variable, like the following:

with the new variable, you have the right path to be able to set focus on the field you want with the following:

I hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

when using a button to add a row you are probably using the following method:

by using this method, it will return the instance added within the table. So you can hold the new instance in a variable, like the following:

with the new variable, you have the right path to be able to set focus on the field you want with the following:

I hope this will help you.