Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle ES2 64-bit version

Former Community Member

Hello guys,

Is there available any Livecycle ES2 64-bit version?

Thanks.

Mancini

7 Replies

Level 7

LiveCycle has supported 64-bit JDKs since version 8.2  However, there's nothing in LiveCycle itself that is tied to 64-bit that would cause it to not work in 32-bit.

PDF Generator contnues to require a 32-bit JDK in ES2.  OpenOffice 64-bit is not supported.  XMLForm (non-Java component) is still 32-bit in ES2.

Level 4

Hi Jayan,

Understand that it is a very old topic, but I would like to ask a question that.

If my ES2 installed on a 64bit environment (i.e. also with the 64bit JVM for the 4GB RAM).

When I develop component, I will better use a 32bit JDK of the same version as the server, or the 64bit JDK?

32bit -> Becase the ALC component is 32bit build?

64bit -> Becasue it is new custom component and the apps server running on 64bit?

Regards

Bill

Level 4

Hi Jayan,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Sorry for so many question, but I just want to make sure:

- Any limitation while using 32bit over 64bit? (e.g. 32bit will work slower, allocate lesser RAM then 64bit etc....)

- Is 64bit recommended while 32bit can be use? Or the opposite, 64bit cannot use at all because the ES2 framework is 32bit.

Regards

Bill

http://forums.adobe.com/people/JayanKandathil

Level 7

For LC ES2, 64-bit is a requirement, except in the case of PDF Generator, which also requires a 32-bit JDK.

When I responded that 32-bit would be fine, I meant it only for client-side code development.

Level 4

Hi Jayan,

Thanks for the reply, and sorry that did not state my question clearly.

For both my question, I mean the client-side code development, what's the difference if I compile my code with 32bit JDK vs 64bit JDK.

Wish it is clear now, the below quote my question again for easy reference.

Regards

Bill