Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle ES Java API and SSO

Level 1

We are writing web application for online pdf form submissions. Adobe LiveCycle ES services used for form delivery, form rendering etc..

I need to invoke livecycle service from  JEE web application (servlet) without passing user credentials. Before that how can I integrate
Adobe LiveCycle ES with enterprise SSO (OpenSSO). Second thing is how can I invoke livecycle service using java api without passing credentials(channel thru sso). Because user is already authenticated from JEE webapp.

Really appreciate your inputs/suggestions.

Server: Websphere 6.1

LC : 8.1.2

Thanks

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

I was also looking for an answer to the above question. In our scenario, we use Siteminder for SSO. While SSO worked with SiteMinder for the Out of Box applications such as adminUI and workspace, not sure how to perform this for a custom web application where the user is already authenticated. After some research and call with Adobe support, I learnt that, we need to have a Custom SPI written, that can handle the siteminder authentication and to provide a seamless SSO.

To invoke the LiveCycle service through java API and also to use SOAP protocol, suggested idea was to, pass on the siteminder token (in your case, a openSSO token) in the user id and password field and at the other side, receive it, extract the token and validate it with the siteminder / openSSO through a java api call.  This seems to be a bit of a clumsy work around.

The other option is, since the web application has already authenticated the user, you can pass a system_id and password to the LC server. Doing this way, you can really avoid even synchronizing the user base from your LDAP to the LC database.

Regards

Gopala...    

Level 1

Thank you for your inputs. We decided to go with second approach.

I have different issue now, how to handle offline PDF Form submission? My client don't want to use email approach. User should be able to submit directly to the secured server after clicking submit button on locally saved form. To achive this user got to be authenticated before submission.

Really appreciate your inputs.

Level 2

I guess, you can hardcode the target url inside the form using a form submit element. The best practise would be, the url should first take to your client application, and from there you can invoke the LiveCycle process to process the form. However, I am not sure of authenication part . If the submit request comes from a web page and  If the application is already secured (https protocol), it would automatically prompt the user to login page. Not sure, of how it would work on submit from a pdf document. I haven't tried it.

Regards

Gopala...