Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle Designer

Level 1

I purchased LiveCycle Designer ES4 on February 5, 2018.  I am finding the PDF file generated from LC cannot be used well by my target audience using Adobe Reader.  The users cannot save a electronic copy of the file.  It would appear the solution offered by Adobe would be to obtain license for Reader Extensions, however, I am unable to find a means to accomplish that seemingly simple task.

I need help in obtaining Reader Extensions for Adobe LiveCycle ES4.

6 Replies

Level 2

What software is the user using.  If it is Adobe Acrobat Reader, and the form was built in LiveCycle Designer, you need to access the form in Acrobat Pro and change it. Here is a link on how to do this.

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-to-enable-reader-users-to-save-form-data

Level 1

Hi,

I have created a fill-in form in LiveCycle (application for Magistrate

Judges) which needs expandable fields (i.e. the box will expand vertically

vs. a plus sign) and it needs to be completed with Acrobat Reader (as the

form is on our website). I understand the only way to have that work with

Acrobat Reader is to have the Reader Extensions in Livecycle. Is this

correct or is there another way to do this?

Thank you!

Harold

(Embedded image moved to file: pic26299.jpg)

Level 2

Harold,

Not sure you can make the box itself dynamic to allow for expansion, however you can make the contents wrap and expand by using the 'Allow Multiple Lines' in the field properties for the box you want too expand.  You may want to try the Expand to fit on the layout page as this points to an anchor point and the starting location.

As for allowing the form to be fillable in reader, if you have Acrobat Pro, you can:

From the File menu

Select ‘Save as Other…’

Select ‘Reader Extended PDF’

Select ‘Enable More Tools (Including form fill-in and save)…’

Then save the form again. Prior to using the form, the user will be required to enable Java, but they have to do this to even see the form.

Level 1

I have the form working as a dynamic form and set the subform as flowed.

The whole form works fine if it is saved as a dynamic form and the end user

has Acrobat Pro (boxes expand vertically). The problem is saving the form

as dynamic and expanding the boxes in Acrobat Reader. I have done the

"save as other". This does not work for the Reader version. The boxes

will not expand vertically when this is done.

Harold

(Embedded image moved to file: pic00292.jpg)

Level 2

Harold,

Unfortunately the image did come through.  Anyway, this would tell me that the 'Save as other' didn't save or get set to ‘Enable More Tools (Including form fill-in and save)…’.  Once the form is saved in Acrobat Pro with this setting selected, the form should function just as it does under Pro.

Level 1

No worries Tony. I appreciate your help. I have actually figured it out.

Thanks again!

Harold

(Embedded image moved to file: pic23281.jpg)