Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

LifeCycle Designer if function issues

Level 1

Hi there, I am fairly new to Life Cycle Designer but am working my way through.  I am adding FormCalc scripts to some of my form fields, the easy addition ones are working well but I can't seem to get the "if" function to display anything in the field.  My function involves three fields as follows, Field 1 is a drop down list, Field 2 is a number field, and Field 3 is where I want the result to show up.  If field 1 = "Leader" then field 3 = value of Field 2.  I am not getting any error messages when I preview the form so I'm not sure where I am going wrong. 

Here is my complete formula: if(xfa.resolveNode("form1.#subform[13].Table1[4].Row2.Additionaldropdown1")=="Leader") then xfa.resolveNode("form1.#subform[13].Table1[4].Row2.AddTotalHours1") else 0 endif

When I enter information into the fields nothing happens and the source field stays empty, when I think it should be populated with "0"

I think I am missing something pretty basic but cannot figure it out.

Thank you for the help.

Frank

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Frank,

It looks like your formula should work, can you host your form somewhere (like google docs) and post a link to it and maybe we can see something.

Regards

Bruce