Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

LC crash on save - cannot recover form

Level 2

I had almost completed a 12-page form, created using LiveCycle Designer ES2, when LC crashed as I was trying to save the form.  Upon navigating back to the document it shows as being 0 kb and an "Invalid PDF file".

I had been saving after finishing each page of the form, and have put many hours in to this project.  The document had been saved to a network server, and LAN Admin are trying to recover a partial backup for me; however there is no expectation to recover the last 3 pages I completed this morning.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Other than saving forms in multiple places, is there any way to avoid this in the future?  Is there a TMP file directory I can designate on my local computer where I can recover from such disastrous occurrences in the future?

Thanks

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

did you check your temp directory?

It's located under C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Temp

Level 3
Radzmar, yet another invaluable suggestion from you - you saved me a ton of work after the app crashed! Thanks!

Level 2

The only TMP file I eventually found was also 0 kb.  Thanks for the filepath to the temp directory though.

LAN Admin did manage to restore a partial backup, but I still lost about 2 hours worth of work.  Now I am saving the form in 3 different locations every time I complete a section.

Level 1

This has happened twice to me in the last 2 days - on the same form (the one I had to start over on!), at the same place (bottom of the first page).  Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Level 2

I never found out why this happened.  I now save each form I am working on in LiveCycle in two different locations, one on the server and one local.  It's a bit of a nuisance to Save then Save As, but I use shortcuts to make it a bit easier.  And it's not nearly as frustrating as losing hours worth of work.

It would be nice to know why such a disastrous crash can happen, but that seems like a developer-level issue to me.  Way above my pay grade.