Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LC crash on save - cannot recover form

Level 2

I had almost completed a 12-page form, created using LiveCycle Designer ES2, when LC crashed as I was trying to save the form.  Upon navigating back to the document it shows as being 0 kb and an "Invalid PDF file".

I had been saving after finishing each page of the form, and have put many hours in to this project.  The document had been saved to a network server, and LAN Admin are trying to recover a partial backup for me; however there is no expectation to recover the last 3 pages I completed this morning.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Other than saving forms in multiple places, is there any way to avoid this in the future?  Is there a TMP file directory I can designate on my local computer where I can recover from such disastrous occurrences in the future?

Thanks

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

did you check your temp directory?

It's located under C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Temp

Level 3
Radzmar, yet another invaluable suggestion from you - you saved me a ton of work after the app crashed! Thanks!

Level 2

The only TMP file I eventually found was also 0 kb.  Thanks for the filepath to the temp directory though.

LAN Admin did manage to restore a partial backup, but I still lost about 2 hours worth of work.  Now I am saving the form in 3 different locations every time I complete a section.

Level 1

This has happened twice to me in the last 2 days - on the same form (the one I had to start over on!), at the same place (bottom of the first page).  Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Level 2

I never found out why this happened.  I now save each form I am working on in LiveCycle in two different locations, one on the server and one local.  It's a bit of a nuisance to Save then Save As, but I use shortcuts to make it a bit easier.  And it's not nearly as frustrating as losing hours worth of work.

It would be nice to know why such a disastrous crash can happen, but that seems like a developer-level issue to me.  Way above my pay grade.