Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Knocking queue broken? Help!

Level 3

I have a pretty straight forward chat which relies on the knocking queue to be answered.  It's been working fine for 6 months and now it's broken.  Is anyone seeking this out there?

I hope I'm not crying wolf.

4 Replies

Level 3

OK, I create a new room and it works. I delete the room which has been working for customers for 6 months and recreate it and it doesn't work.    Something is busted, but I can't prove it.

Former Community Member

Happy to look into it - when you say "busted", can you narrow this down at

all? What's wrong?

nigel

Former Community Member

Hi,

I tried the knocking queue example under three circumstances a) Existing room b) a complete new room and c) deleting and recreating an existing room.

All the three scenarios work fine. The Knocking queue example has only chat on it. Can you verify that example works for you in the rooms you are testing ?

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 3

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the response on this. Yesterday a room failed to respond to knocking: cSession.roomManager.knockingQueue.addEventListener(UserQueueEvent.ITEM_UPDATE, onKnockingQueueUpdateHandler); never fired, similar to if the "guests have to knock" is not checked.  Knocking in the room had been working since mid September, 2009.   I went in anddeleted all the collection nodes.  I verified and reverified that "guests have to knock" was checked.  No love.  I deleted the room, re-added it and re-checked "guests have to knock".  Still no love.  I created a second room and checked guests have to knock.  It works fine, both with my app and the sample app.

Per Hironmay, I've checked both rooms with the sample code, same behaviour.  The legacy room does on respond to knock with the sample code.

I sent the roomURL to Nige under separate e-mail, what do you need from me to take a look?  Thanks again!

--Doug