Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issues with user saving pdf file

Level 2

I have a client that is using several forms I created for them. But, they have found they can't save the pdf forms (for their records). I can save versions of each form since I have the program installed on my computer, but they don't.

Is it something I did when I created the form? Or just the nature of the forms. They didn't want the print button and they need a digital copy, not just a printed copy of these filled forms.These are interim forms being used until an accounting program is installed.

Thanks for any help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

In Acrobat X the menu has moved to File > Save As > Reader Extended PDF > Enable Additional Features. ;-)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

If the users open the form in the free Adobe Reader, then they will not be able to save the data unless the form has previously been Reader Enabled.

See here: http://assure.ly/etkFNU.

There are two ways to Reader Enable a form:

1. Using Acrobat Professional v8 or Acrobat Standard v9 or above, which has licensing restrictions.
  2. Using the full server component LC Reader Extensions, which has additional costs.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 2

Thanks, Niall. We both have Acrobat X Pro but I don't have the Advanced tab, as shown in your link. I couldn't find a page that shows where X Pro is in the line of Adobe products (before or after the required 8 or 9 version). Do I just not have the most current version of Acrobat?

Correct answer by
Level 10

In Acrobat X the menu has moved to File > Save As > Reader Extended PDF > Enable Additional Features. ;-)

Level 2

Thank you! Thank you! You've made my customer (and me) very happy!