Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Issue with Javascript responding inconsistently

Level 1

I have been working with LiveCycle Designer ES version 8.2.1.3144 and have designed several forms and am having some issues with Javascript responding inconsistently.  I created some simple Javascript and it seemed to work.  When I added or changed script and it "broke", I'd reverse my changes to what it was before and it was still "broken".  I've fought with this for several days and with different forms and it doesn't seem to make sense that something would work once, but not after you make edits.  I saw in the blogs that there is an Action Builder upgrade to ES - is it available?  I didn't download the trial version because I didn't want to inadvertently affect my existing install.  The company for whom I'm creating these forms has a deadline and this Javascript problem is really putting me behind.

Mainly, what I'm trying to do is to prompt the user when he tries to exit required field without entering anything.  That's easy, but I want it to remain in the field.  I used a setFocus command, which seemed to work until I added the script to multiple fields.  Once I added multiple fields, it would prompt the user to enter information in each field and wouldn't allow the actual entry.

I'm frustrated and confused as to what I could be doing wrong and would very much appreciate some assistance.

Thank you!

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Not sure I follow but can you post a sample of the problem so we can see whatit is you are referring to?

Paul