Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Issue with export data

Level 4

Hi All,

I have a dynamic form. When i pass it through my process comprising of export data activity. the resultant xml is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<xfa:datasets xmlns:xfa="http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-data/1.0/">

<xfa:data xfa:dataNode="dataGroup"/>

</xfa:datasets>

The form where as comprises of several text fields, dropdowns. All these are not visible in the xml generated. Can someone please help me with this issue.

4 Replies

Level 10

Check the data bindings set for those textbox & drop-down lists.

If they are set to "No Binding", you won't see them after export.

Nith

Level 4

Hi Nith,

The databinding for the fields are set to Use Name(TextField). Still on export the fields are not shown in the xml file. Can you please let us know if there are any other settings to be done to the form.

Level 4

Hi Nith,

When i design the form using the designer i save them as Adobe Dynamic XML form(*.pdf).

Does this make any difference when compared to saving as Adobe Static PDF Form(*.pdf)?

I tried making a sample of both the types. The xml was generated properly for the static PDF while in the case of Dynamic XML the output was same as the one i copied in my first post.

Can you please look into the issue and help me. I need to use the Dynamic XML form.

Level 10

I don't think these Static/Dynamic save options influence the Data Export.

If your form does not contain confidential information, pls share it with me so that I can try to find out the issue..

Nith