Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Is there a way to get rid of the space left when I delete a field?

Level 1

I have a document that I am editing and I have deleted some fields but that leaves big white spaces in the document.  Is there some way that I can get rid of those spaces without having to manually move up all the subsequent fields one by one?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Not really. There are things you can do to make the process easier, but you can't just highlight the white space and hit 'delete' to bump everything up.

You can select all of the items below what you removed on the heirarchy tree (that are on the same page) and move them all up at once.

You could make the document flowed and enclose the whole area in a subform, but that presents its own set of challenges if the fields and such do not already take up entire lines (or close to it). It does make the process easier in the future if you have to add/remove more items again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Not really. There are things you can do to make the process easier, but you can't just highlight the white space and hit 'delete' to bump everything up.

You can select all of the items below what you removed on the heirarchy tree (that are on the same page) and move them all up at once.

You could make the document flowed and enclose the whole area in a subform, but that presents its own set of challenges if the fields and such do not already take up entire lines (or close to it). It does make the process easier in the future if you have to add/remove more items again.