Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Is there a global error event handler?

Former Community Member

Hi,

Is there in LiveCycle Designer an event which is similar to the window.onerror​ event handler?

That is, an event which is fired in case of unhandled exceptions.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is a sample from Adobe Blogs Handling JavaScript Exceptions

Hope this help

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi

I don't believe there is such a thing in a LiveCycle Designer form.

Maybe if you can explain the scenario more we could suggest an alternative.

Regards

Bruce

Former Community Member

Hi Bruce,

I don't have a specific scenario in mind.

Though, I am investigating the error logging and error reporting possibilities within LiveCycle Designer forms.

For example, if there is an unhandled error in the code, I am curious if I can "catch" it globally, inform the user ("Something is wrong with this form, please contact support") and possibly log the error in a file.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is a sample from Adobe Blogs Handling JavaScript Exceptions

Hope this help

Former Community Member

Thank you to both of you!

I have my answers now.

There is no global error handler, but I can nevertheless wrap most of the code in a "global" try / catch ("catch them all"), which is fine for me.

Level 10

Hi, Just thought it might worth pointing out that you could write a macro to add the try/catch block to your code.  There is an example of a macro that adds enter/exit console.println statements in the same blog Add Trace to Form Script  which I've found useful in working out whats going in at times.

Former Community Member

At the moment I think I prefer to add the try/catch blocks manually, but this may change.

Thank you for the article, it's quite useful indeed.