Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Is possible to save a form using Acrobat Reader? How to?

Level 2

Hi all,

I designed a static pdf form using Livecycle. I want to send it to the form recipients, and I need they return me the pdf form filled. I can do this without problems on Adobe Acrobat Pro, but my mates that are using Adobe Reader can't save the filled form. Adobe Reader offers them to save a blank copy of the form or print it filled. But this isn't what I need. I need to have x copies of the form (of the pdf file) filled by my x recipients. Is there any option in Livecycle to allow saving the filled form on Acrobat Reader?

Thanks in advance,

Enrique Llorens

P.D. Apologies for my awful english...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Enrique,

In order for users with Reader to be able to save your form, it has to be 'Reader Enabled' before you send it out.

You have three choices:

• Reader enable the form with LC Reader Extensions ES2, which is a server based component of the enterprise suite. This is intended for processing large volumes of forms/data and is an additional cost per form.
  • Reader enable the form using Acrobat Standard v9 (or Acrobat Pro v7 to v8). This has license restrictions to less than 500 users per form.
  • Instead of users with Reader sending the form back as a PDF. You could set up a 'Submit as XML' button. This does not require the users with Reader to Save the form.

I have a summary of features (functions that are available/restricted) depending on whether the form is enabled and how it was enabled on our blog: http://assurehsc.ie/blog/index.php/2010/05/using-livecycle-forms-in-acrobat-and-reader/

When you open the sample at the end of the post, if you hover over the question marks, you will see screenshots of the enabling process.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Enrique,

In order for users with Reader to be able to save your form, it has to be 'Reader Enabled' before you send it out.

You have three choices:

• Reader enable the form with LC Reader Extensions ES2, which is a server based component of the enterprise suite. This is intended for processing large volumes of forms/data and is an additional cost per form.
  • Reader enable the form using Acrobat Standard v9 (or Acrobat Pro v7 to v8). This has license restrictions to less than 500 users per form.
  • Instead of users with Reader sending the form back as a PDF. You could set up a 'Submit as XML' button. This does not require the users with Reader to Save the form.

I have a summary of features (functions that are available/restricted) depending on whether the form is enabled and how it was enabled on our blog: http://assurehsc.ie/blog/index.php/2010/05/using-livecycle-forms-in-acrobat-and-reader/

When you open the sample at the end of the post, if you hover over the question marks, you will see screenshots of the enabling process.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 2

Thanks a lot, Niall. It worked perfectly.

Enrique