Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Is it possible to resize the row / column of a table at run time ?

Level 9

Hello All ,

I want to make a table where the user have to put datas . But if some data exceeds the length of the column / row the user should have the ability to resize the column / row of the table just like we are able to do at the time of designing . Is it possible ??

Thanks .

Bibhu .

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Bibhu,

If you put the table in a flowed subform, you can select that the row expands to fit the content. Go to the Layout tab:

Parallels Desktop9.png

Djaknow has a very good solution here for setting the column widths at run-time: Re: Resize width of Column in a Table

Good luck,

Niall

Level 9

Hello Niall ,

Thanks for your suggestion . But the expand to fit feature is not available . I put the table in a flowable subfrom , still it's not available.

Bibhu .

Level 10

Hi,

If you select a cell in the table that cannot receive data, then the expand to fit will not be available.

Parallels Desktop14.png

However if you select an object that is in the table (like a textfield) then the option of expand to fit should be available.

Parallels Desktop15.png

Try experimenting with the options.

Niall

Level 9

Hello Niall ,

This is not what I am looking for . Suppose there is a table with several columns . The user may enter caption in the column and if the caption can not fit into the column then the user by the help of mouse can drag the column border to resize the column exactly what we do in an excel sheet . I have tried to alter the XML . I have added resize = "true" . But it didn't help .Any other idea Niall ??

<draw w="30mm" h="19.0503mm" name="Cell1" resize="true">

Thanks .

Bibhu.

Level 10

Hi Bibhu,

The user cannot drag a column in an XFA/PDF form to make it wider.

If the field is an object, you should be able to set it to 'expand to fit' width, but without seeing your form it is difficult to say. As Djaknow showed you can script to change the column width at run-time. 

It is useful sometimes to go into the XML Source code to see how LC Designer handles a ui feature, because you can use this information to direct you as to how to script for this behaviour. But adding in extra code is generally unlikely to work.

Niall