Expand my Community achievements bar.

is it mandatory to bind each & every CONTEXT element to a text field on the form?

Level 8

Hello,

I am developing an Adobe Interactive Form, i have Designer 8.1 and Reader 9.0 in my Windows 7 Laptop. When i checked the menu EDIT-->form properties --> Compatability, its Adobe XML form File (XDP)

I have 3 elements (say, 1_Name, 2_Street and 3_City) in the CONTEXT and drawn ONLY 2 input enabled TEXT fields (for items - Name and Street of conetext) and then, BINDED them.

I did not put any associate text field for CITY and no chance of binding!

Pls. let me know that, Now can i utilize this CITY (of context) element containign data in the Java script? is this CITY is VISIBLE in the java script, even though it did not get BINDED with any text field on the form?

THank you

2 Replies

Level 10

Yes, you can access the data of a non-bound field from JavaScript.

However, the data cannot be exported or submitted to server if the Binding value is set to "None".

Nith

Level 8

Thank you.

If it got BINDED, i knew how to point/get/visible the CITY element (of CONTEXT) containming data by using the below java script,

(this.rawValue == "A") or i can also get it with script of VISITOR.Page3.Subform11.CITY.rawvalue = "A"

If i do NOT bind CITY to any TEXT FIELD of FORM, then, how i can retrieve/get/visible/point CITY content?