Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is having a conditional Page possible?

Level 2

I'm re-creating an old Word-based, single-page form with LiveCycle and I've decided I want to try to add a neat function that will show/hide a conditional page.

My goal is to have two controls in place to figure out when to show/hide the second page.

Basically there's a text field that I want users to be able to enter as much information as they want into it.

If the user's input exceeds the visible range of the field, I want to use Javascript to show the second page, copy the field text into a larger version of the field on page 2, and replace the initial user text with a "See Page 2" type of auto-text.

I'm also going to tie the ability to hide/show to a checkbox to allow the user to voluntarily change the state of the second page (tho I'll probably restrict this function if page 2 data exists)

I can figure out the Javascript for everything except for the hide/show 2nd page stuff.

I don't think I can set the presence of a page to invisible.

Is this possible to do? If not, are there any alternate ideas you would suggest?

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply

Level 2

No one knows if you can have a second "hidden" page that only appears when select criteria are met?

Or is this just a silly question that's been asked/answered a bunch?

I apologize for my noobness.