Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Invalid instance error During SubScribe The Screen

Level 1

Hi Friends

I am Making a simple Demo Of screen Sharing.but it will give me invalid instance error when i subscribe any publisher screen i mean when going to subscribe any screen it through an error  named

Invalid Instance.

at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerBase/receiveError()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomo\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\managers\SessionManagerBase.as:352]
    at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerFMS/receiveError()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomo\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\managers\SessionManagerFMS.as:308]
    at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerAdobeHostedServices/receiveError()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomo\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\managers\SessionManagerAdobeHostedServices.as:271]
    at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerAdobeHostedServices/onMeetingError()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomo\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\managers\SessionManagerAdobeHostedServices.as:111]
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at com.adobe.rtc.session.sessionClasses::MeetingInfoService/onStatus()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomo\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\sessionClasses\MeetingInfoService.as:457]
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at flash.net::URLLoader/redirectEvent()

can any body guides me why this occur and how to resolve it.shoould i put publish key diffrent in subscribe application?

Thanks And Regards

Vineet Osho

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Vineet,

You shouldn't need to use any shared secret for running 2 apps - it's

specifically for external authentication. All you need is 2 applications,

both of whom have the same roomURL. One app can have the publisher, the

other can have the subscriber. I'd suggest you spend some time reading the

LCCS Developer Guide, or listening to the video tutorials we provide.

hope that helps

nigel

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 2

Vineet,

Your browser is probably caching the session. May be during the testing you are using many different roles, users etc.

If you already tried closing the browser and clearing cache then try calling session_destroy() if you are in php or equivalent in flex. Call this at the top so the lccs session gets destroyed. Of course in production code you want to be smarter for performance reasons.

Former Community Member

The simplest answer might be that your subscriber app isn't pointing at a

valid roomURL?

nigel

Level 1

hi nigel pegg thanks a ton for your quick reply.u got the problem.i am also thinking  the same,but can u tell me that account key is same for both publisher and subscriber or it should be diffrent.

please let me know if we need to keys than how we create second key for same roomURL.

Thanks and Regards

Vineet Osho

Employee

what do you mean by "account key" ? the username ? an external authentication token ?

also, did you try to run the sample app that ships with the SDK ? did that work for you ?

best thing to do is to collect the trace messages you get when running in debug mode in FlashBuilder and send them over. It's difficult for us to give you an answer without more details.

Level 1

Hi Raff

i login wid  https://collaboration.adobelivecycle.com/  that url and sign up for new developer after filling my details it provides me account details

like that:-

Accounturl:-https://collaboration.adobelivecycle.com/vineetosho

AcountShared Key:-6168f0942dd946bd9e5c14cfc98d7b31

RoomUrl:-https://collaboration.adobelivecycle.com/vineetosho/vineet...

so on the basis of that i can make my white board and screen shring component in using lccs.swz file.but when i share my screen and going to watch it on another application named(subscriber) it will show invalid instance error.it seems that this error is coming because of invalid AcountShared Key .

so should i create another shared with same roomUrl and sameAccount url or carry on with same shared key that i m using in publisher side.

hope u got my problem.please guide me how to resolve that invalid instance issue.i m totally confused,or plz provide me a little demo of screen sharing so tahta i can achieve it. i know i m too close.

Thanks and regards

Vineet Osho

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Vineet,

You shouldn't need to use any shared secret for running 2 apps - it's

specifically for external authentication. All you need is 2 applications,

both of whom have the same roomURL. One app can have the publisher, the

other can have the subscriber. I'd suggest you spend some time reading the

LCCS Developer Guide, or listening to the video tutorials we provide.

hope that helps

nigel

Level 1

hi Nigel

Thanks for your reply.can u do a little favour just post me some useful links or useful stuff for screensharing application through adobe collaboration life cycle.

i m novice in that just need some demo how to share my screen and subscribe it at other end.can u just provide me that link.

Thanks and regards

Vineet Osho

Former Community Member

Hi Vineet,

Have a look at the "ScreenShareExample" in the sampleApps folder. Also,

please do read the developer guide. We're here to help, but there are limits

to how much we can do for you.

thanks and regards to you

nigel

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----