Expand my Community achievements bar.

Inserting images onto form

Former Community Member

Hi All

First time I have had to post here, but have a problem that is about to drive me mad.

I have a number of forms that I created, and which had my companies old logo on it.  We are in the process of rebranding, so need to change the logo.  Should be simple enough as it is a jpg file.  Should just have to select the image object and set the url to the location of the jpg, however it just isnt working.  The old logo was inserted this way, without problem

I have even opened up a new page on a separate document to see if will work to no avail.

How do I fix this?  Deadlines are very close, ie in 30mins (cant see it happening)

HELP Please!!

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Don't have LC open at the moment, but this should get you going...

1. click on am image object in the form;
  2. go to the Object/Field tab;
  3. click the URL button and browse to the location on the computer of the new logo;
  4. click ok;
  5. make sure the "embed image" is ticked

The new logo should then be associated and visible in the form.

JPEG files normally do not cause any problem. If you are pasting the address of the file into the Object/Field window, that may be the problem. I would browse to the location each time.

Good luck,

N.

Former Community Member

Thanks Niall

That was exactly what I had been doing but to no avail.

I ended up .pdfing a separate document with the logo, then selecting the logo, copying and pasting into the document.

Still cant work out why it wouldnt work the other way though.

Level 10

That's very strange, is there script overriding the default image or multiples of the object in the one form (with global binding)? To be honest that should only affect image fields not image objects.

Maybe post a version.

N.