Expand my Community achievements bar.

Inquiries Regarding LiveCycle

Former Community Member

Hi,

This is one of the "Can I use LiveCycle for ..." question. We are looking for apply to password to some PDF files before distributing to users, and we are thinking about using a PDF password management server so that:

1. The passwords ideally should be different for each user, even for the same file.

2. The access privilege ideally could be revoked at anytime.

3. The PDFs have to be viewable on iPads.

Can I use LiveCycle for this purpose?

Thanks.

4 Replies

Employee

What you're describing sounds like the LiveCycle Rights Management capabilities -- http://www.adobe.com/go/rm/.

Access control is handled on an identity by identity basis,  and can be changed at any time. The client capabilities are included in all desktop versions of Adobe Reader since version 7 in 2005, and will be included in iOS and Android versions of Reader that will be released later this year.

Former Community Member

Thanks, I took a look at the page, and it looks very promising. However, I still can't verify whether or not the PDF with rights management can be opened on iPads or not. Can someone shed some light on this, please?

Thanks.

Employee

As of today, RM protected documents cannot be opened on iPads, however we are working to change that. Send your contact information to jonathan.herbach@adobe.com and we can discuss further.

Former Community Member

Hi Jonathan,

Sent you an email, but haven't received any reply yet. Thought I'd poke you on the forum here. Do you have a rough time line on when the iPad solution will be implemented? We are in need of a solution rather urgently.

Thanks.