Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Input fields populate tabbed document pages

Level 3

I need a method in order to present a page with input form fields which

then populate various business documents in either a tabbed interface or

using a button schema to present the filled documents for printing.

I have two questions in this regard:

1. Is it possible to create a tabbed interface within LiveCycle Designer ES2?

2. How do I create a button to populate either all or each individual business document from the data entered in the front page?

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Let's say you had a front page and four other tabs, you could create a five page form. In the Master page, along the top you could create five buttons that would contain script to go to the five pages.

I would recommend a landscape layout, as this suits computer monitors better, especially at fit to page.

In this case, the user could scroll down through the five pages or click the appropriate button along the top of the page.

If you only want one page visible/available at anyone time, then you could set the four pages to hidden - this excludes them from the layout. Then the buttons would have additional script to show/hide pages.

There is an old Model-View-Controller sample somewhere on the Adobe website, which may be of interest.

In relation to the second question, yes that can be achieved as well. The easiest way is to set the object names the same for fields that must reflect the same data. Then in the Object > Binding tab, set a Global binding. This means that information typed in on the front page will be automatically reflected on fields with the same name on subsequent pages.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Let's say you had a front page and four other tabs, you could create a five page form. In the Master page, along the top you could create five buttons that would contain script to go to the five pages.

I would recommend a landscape layout, as this suits computer monitors better, especially at fit to page.

In this case, the user could scroll down through the five pages or click the appropriate button along the top of the page.

If you only want one page visible/available at anyone time, then you could set the four pages to hidden - this excludes them from the layout. Then the buttons would have additional script to show/hide pages.

There is an old Model-View-Controller sample somewhere on the Adobe website, which may be of interest.

In relation to the second question, yes that can be achieved as well. The easiest way is to set the object names the same for fields that must reflect the same data. Then in the Object > Binding tab, set a Global binding. This means that information typed in on the front page will be automatically reflected on fields with the same name on subsequent pages.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 3

Brilliant, straightforward and brilliant!!!

Thank you!!!