Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Inactivity?

Level 1

Hi There,

We have a requirement to measure inactvity in our application so that we can prompt users who have been inactive for 10 minutes if they want to stay logged in the session (we don't want sessions to go on indefinately and take up licenses or bandwidth).  We can detect inactivity in our own application, but let say someone is inactive in our application, but then chatting via video or text. using AFCS components  If they are in the middle of doing this, we don't want to bring up the prompt because to them, they are obviously using the app and therefore active.

So my question is, is there a way to detect if AFCS components have been inactive for X amount of time?

Thanks in advance,

David

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

What do you mean by 'inactive in your app but chatting via video or text'?

As such for AFCS component level we don't test inactivity.

But you may do one thing for e.g., lets say you are using chat and note component, then you can override the function where you publish an Item for chat or note, for e.g. in chat it is sendNewMessage() function , and there based on the inactivity timer you can throw an event at the end of duration if its active( i.e. sent any message) in that duration. If you don't get any events from any component in your app, then you can presume the user is inactive.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

super helpful...thanks for the quick response!