We are experimenting with 'inactive' subforms (versus a "hidden" subform). This is extremely helpful when working with conditionally required fields - since "inactive" makes the fields inside the subform not required.
- presence = "inactive"; subform is hidden and required fields are not 'required'
- presence = "visible"; subform is visible and required fields are required.
Unfortunately - I haven't been able to get the radio button group(s) to work as easy as the text fields.
- All fields inside subform are set to "User Entered - Required", including text fields and radio button groups.
- We include a message in each field's "Empty Message" property
- We also have each field set to include a "Validation Script Message".
For the radio button group, these settings (above) are set at the group level - not the button level.
Anyone know how I can get the radio button groups to benefit from the 'inactive' setting?