Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Implement Help Popup for each field.

Level 8

I am desinging a Dynamic Form with many fields for displaying Pension Calculations and Start a Process to complete the pension for an employee.

The form will have many fields with complex meanings...

I want an easy and a cool way to enable extended Help   against each field on the PDF Form.

I do not want to use the built-in app.alert() dialog. Also, the tool-tip is not cool enough.

The help will be 1 or 2 paragraphs, with each about 3-4 lines of text. The width and height of the popup should be flexible and adopt to the size of the text.

Any one has any idea, please let me know. Maybe there is some built-in feature for this.

I am now thinking of a way to implement this feature.

Tarek.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Tarek,

I made an example for you you can work with.

It contains a flash field and a regular button.

Depending on the viewers version you either will see the flash dialog or the regular JavaScript dialog.

https://acrobat.com/#d=3qC5yMpLVavZV3hcn0Heag

The results then will look either this way ...

FlexDialog.png

... or this way.

JSDialog.png

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Level 8

Thanks Bruce! Sure will find that greate DatePicker control usefule in the near future.

Can you tell me one thing...

Is it possible to create a subform or any other element dynamically during tun-time?

Can you change move one element (Text Field or child subform) from one parent subform to another during run-time?

Tarek.

Level 10

I'm not sure, I suspect not, I would think updating the template DOM and causing a remerge/relayout would break the rights enablement.

Would be interesting if you could, might try it, will let you know.

Level 8

I tried to use javascript to move one text field from one subform to another (using nodes.remove() and nodes.append()), but it did not work, and I did not get any error.

I am not sure if I used the right javascript commands.

The only reason I want to do that, is to create one subform "sfHelpPopup" to be used for all Popup boxes for any field in any page/subform.

Tarek.

Former Community Member

Hi radzmar,

is there a possibility that you can reupload this example ?

The link is not working properly.

Greetings h0s3