Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Images smaller printed then edited, help needed

Level 1

Hello everyone.

I'm using LiveCycle Manager 8.0 on Win XP SP3

When building a new form i got various problems with images being printed smaller then what is defined and shown in the edited and also in preview mode.

The problem occurs with images that are being included with Image Fields.

The problem gets even bigger if i place the images by showing them by the push of a button (script)

Pictures will not be x/y placed and sized as defined in the layout parameter

Here are some details about the pics:

Larger header pic 17.7 x 8.0 cm, 300dpi

Smaller pics bellow 17.7 x 1.6 cm, 300dpi

Here are some screen shoots to show you how it looks.

Any help would be great as I really tried a lot but can't find a solution.

Designmode:

1.gif

Preview Mode

2.gif

Final PDF messed up

3.gif

PS: LiveCycle Manager also seems to run very bugy. Sometimes it crashes when changing a image parameter.

7 Replies

Level 1

Attached is the original file.

Maybee it helps to solve the problem

Level 10

Hi,

Attached is a revision. I have changed the object type from "ImageField" to "Image". These are static and do not change when the user clicks on them.

Instead of using ImageFields/Images, you could use rectangles with a fill colour.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

Hello Niall

Thank you for you input.

This revision does not work as it should for me.

The top image needs to be user replacable so it can't be a plain image.

Also the lower image needs to be a Image field for the script on the button to work.

Right now it only produces a script error because of the missing image field.

In the final version the lower image will be hidden and only visible when a user click on the button.

Sadly its not possible to use scripts on plain images or color filled rectangles.

The user must be able to change the top image an background color of the title section.

It is really strange how defined sizing and positioning gets ignored and the layout falls apart just because of using image fields.

Level 10

Hi,

I am out of the office at the moment. I will have a look again when I get back. There may still be alternatives. Can you elaborate on the different colours and the number of combinations.

There may be border settings in the imageFields which is throwing it out, also there may be some buggy behavior.

Later,

Niall

Level 10

Hi,

OK I am trying to get to grips with what you are trying to achieve.

The preview now shows how the form will look in Acrobat (Form / Properties / Preview / Interactive).

In the top imageField I cannot explain why the displayed image is not as per the design view. Because it works for an image object (rev 1 in previous post), I suspect that it is a bug in the imageField object.

There are workarounds however it would depend on the number of options (images) that the user has to select and if these images will change over time. If there are a small number of options, you could include all of the images in a series of image objects that are hidden and then change the visibility depending on what the user selects. This would be easier for the user because they would not have to browse to an image location.

In relation to the "Geben Sie hier einen Titel ein |" header; if you are looking to change the background colour, then there is a simpler way, which i have included in rev 2.

You can script rectangles for presence, colour, etc. The rectangle cannot contain the script, but you can include script in a button that will affect the presence and appearance (look) of the rectangle.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

Hello Niall

Thank you very much for the latest revisision.

Here's what I'm planning to do:

The form will be used by various hotel receiptons to print out their daily activities.

They need to be able to change the top image to what ever they like and works best with their activities. So I can not put the images inside of the form.

This is why I had to choose a Image form. There will also need to be another 2-3 small image fields inside the Titlebar where they can place specific icons which go along their activities. I have not included them yet because of solving the other problems first. I might also have the same problems there.

As far as the background color problem goes I really like your script which is a great help!

It seems there is not really a smart solution for the incorrect sizing of images withing image fields.

I might just have to use the try and error method to find a image size which matches the titlebar.

Not really what i wanted to do, but if the program has this bug there might be nothing else i could do to solve it.

Level 10

Hi,

I think the last thing to bear in mind is that if the user inserts an image with a different aspect ratio to the one you have set, then the image will either be placed at the top on the imageField (if the image is wider than you have set) or at the left hand side of the imageField (if the image is taller than you have set). This is because the imageField is set to "scale image proportionally".

Also LC does not deal with transpancy very well, so if your icons have transparent border and you place them over the coloured header, then the icon will end up within a white rectangle.

Good luck,

Niall