Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Image Repository - a la Connect Pro

Level 2

Another question..

If I wanted the ability to dynamically display images (for example... xrays).. is it possible for one user to upload an image, and then display the image
for others viewing the application to see?

I guess what I'm asking is ... is the image that I upload using the FileShare (FileManager?) available to my Flex application to be displayed within that same Flex application?

11 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi ,

Actually there is an example called collabpicviewer inside our examples folder that does image upload and sharing and also putting that image on whiteboard. You can look through that example and take any relevant code for your work. For any file you upload,you have the file url and you can use it to share that image.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Employee

Just remember that the current content repository is not designed to store large images (we cap at 10Mb per file) or persist them between sessions.

We are working to provide a "pluggable" content repository (i.e. you as the developer provides an HTTP endpoint to a content repository you control and FilePublish / FileSubscribe will upload / download files at that URL)

Level 2

Hmmm I cant seem to get that one running. I'm getting an error with FileUtil.as ... I've added the afcs.swc and the other ones included in the example... what am i missing?

Screen shot 2010-02-09 at 3.17.01 PM.png

Former Community Member

Are you using player 10 compiler and player 10 swc ?

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 2

Oh wait, I thought it cleared it up.. but it didnt. I've pointed to the Flash 10 AFCS.. same error

Screen shot 2010-02-09 at 3.23.25 PM.png

Screen shot 2010-02-09 at 3.26.04 PM.png

Message was edited by: John_Mattos

Level 2

Sorry, I was unclear (edited my last post). It's still not compiling for the reson you can see in the image.

-->the compiler seems to think there's no load() method on flash.net.FileReference (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AS3LCR/Flash_10.0/flash/net/FileReference.html)

I'm sure I'm using Flash 10 and using the AFCS.SWC for 10.

hmmmm

Former Community Member

Hi,

I was also getting the same error as in your image, but to remove that I had to compile with flash player 10 in flex builder->properties->compiler.

Please do that and let me know and whenever you use player 10 afcs swc , you should always do that.

I am attaching an image for that

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 2

Cool man that solved it for me too. Thanks!

Employee

Hi John,

There is another example, WhiteBoardCustomShapes in SampleApps which is even a better approach to upload Images on WhiteBoard. You can try the app at this link, http://blogs.adobe.com/arunpon/swfs/WBTriangle.swf . This app is simple and doest use third party libraries.

Thanks

Arun

Level 2

is the source code available on that one? its a great example

Employee

Yes, Please look for WhiteBoardCustomShapes in the sampleApps.

Thanks

Arun