Expand my Community achievements bar.

image loaded successfully, but fail to draw it

Former Community Member

I have a image loaded from different domain. The checkpolicy is set to true and crossdomain file has no problem.  The image isn't that large, 2,304px × 1,260px

In the application, I will draw the bitmap image with this call

new Bitmap(Bitmap(imgLoader.content).bitmapData, "auto", true);

The weird part is, there is 1% chance... the application can't draw the bitmap... it will just be empty. It never happens to me, but some of my users are complaining they can't see any image. I think they have pretty decent computer, and see the application on ie8 or ff4

Not sure is there anything I am doing wrong... I am sure the image is loaded to user's browser, but the application just can't draw it....

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot

3 Replies

Level 4

You might want to ask this question in a different forum than LCCS. Aside from that I've heard of large images not loading in Flash, here's at least one other person talking about http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4264245/large-image-loading-problem

1) Have you tried writing a small app that can load the same image 100 times ( without user's intervention ) just to see if once or twice you won't get a loaded image ?

2) You could also try loading a much bigger image and see if the result is identical to what you are seeing already.

If I get a chance to fool around with a sample project I'll report back.

Good luck

Alex G.

Former Community Member

Hi Alex

Thanks for your reply... actually I have tested it more than 100 on my working computer and it all works fine...

I am working for a survey company... that is one of our tools used by different people... the 2% is get basing on those people's reply... and I did witnessed once on my co-workers' computer. I can see the image is loaded to browser(since it saw it in firebug), but there is no image drawn in application. After I rebot his computer, then the application works fine.

I am wondering is that related to the meomey issue... but the problem image actually is not large.. only round 600kb....

Employee

Again, this is the wrong forum to discuss your problem (LiveCycle Collaboration Service : not really related to FlashPlayer / ActionScript / Flex issues). We can guess what can be wrong with your app, but if you want some serious help you should post your problem in the FlashPlayer or Flex forum.