Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

I need to finish a presentation asap! i have to add one more document (already created) to two others. the problem is orientation. 2 are already in portrait. The one I have to add is landscape. Is there a way to fix this?

Level 1

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

When you create a form with Adobe Designer, and you need mixed page orientation (i.e. some portrait and some landscape) you can achieve this using multiple Master pages.

I took your two forms and created a sample (see attached) with mixed orientation.

Here is what you do to get mixed orientation...

Create a new form

Add a Master Page (with the Master Page tab active, select Insert > New Master Page

Select the second Master Page and set the orientation to landscape (Object > Master Page tab)

Select the Design View tab

Add a new page Page (with the Design View tab active, select Insert > New Page)

To associate the new page with the second (landscape) Master Page...

Select the new page (from the Heirarchy palette)

In the Object > Pagination palette set the "place" property by browsing where you want it (i.e. On Page "insert name of your landscape master page here")

Note:  you will need to resize the content are of the page to match the landscape orientation.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Steve

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Former Community Member

How are you adding the documents together?  Acrobat Pro?

Is the problem that you want to convert the landscape page to protrait?

Regards

Steve

Level 1

They are acrobat 9 pro; edited in Livecycle I can't convert this particular page to portrait (I know how to). It must be in landscape. It is a log sheet for print models. The photographers need this sheet in landscape. Can I have two sheets in portrait and one in landscape? What I did was just copy and past the two pages then did a bit of global binding to populate a few fields. After that I stuck it into a portfolio. The only problem is this landscape one...

I have attached the Document and the two linked ones..help...THANK YOU!!!!!

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

When you create a form with Adobe Designer, and you need mixed page orientation (i.e. some portrait and some landscape) you can achieve this using multiple Master pages.

I took your two forms and created a sample (see attached) with mixed orientation.

Here is what you do to get mixed orientation...

Create a new form

Add a Master Page (with the Master Page tab active, select Insert > New Master Page

Select the second Master Page and set the orientation to landscape (Object > Master Page tab)

Select the Design View tab

Add a new page Page (with the Design View tab active, select Insert > New Page)

To associate the new page with the second (landscape) Master Page...

Select the new page (from the Heirarchy palette)

In the Object > Pagination palette set the "place" property by browsing where you want it (i.e. On Page "insert name of your landscape master page here")

Note:  you will need to resize the content are of the page to match the landscape orientation.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Steve

Level 1

Thank you ever so much! You have saved my day and job...hehe...kidding but seriously I was in a panic!!!. Now I have to just format and bind..no problem. I have a VERY dumb question now. Can you tell me how to change it so the page you added last (Model Log Sheet) is the first page rather than the last?? Thanks again!!

Elise Pearson

2950 North Hollywood Way, Ste. 210

Burbank, CA. 91505.

Phone: (818) 441-0060

epearson@teamservices.net

www.teamservices.net

Former Community Member

Elise

You can create the form with the Landscape page first basically by following the directions on in my last post.  You can order the pages by using the Hierarchy palette (drag and drop).

I attached a second sample with the Landscape page first.  I created this following the same steps I outlined in my last post and then "moved" the landscape page to be first by "dragging" it in the Hierarchy palette above the "P3" page.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Steve

Level 1

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that. I was able to figure out where to get the hierarchy pallet last night and do the drage and drop. Now they want several more pages of the Model Contract and the other portrait doc (global linking stuff, not a problem). I tried to copy and past the forms and although they past in portrait, the orientation is slightly off. If you print it your will see.

I have attached my new attempt with the 4th page. I ultimately have to copy 4 more of the Model Contracts and 4 more of the Model vouche/w4. I will do some binding and formatting after that. Today is my deadline...

Thanks for all your invaluable help!

Elise

Level 1

Hi,

Can you please help me. I have this in mixed orientation. Now they've changed their mind and they want the Model Contract to be page 2 and the Voucher Page 3. Can you help me reverse them so I can get this out. I will go thru all that you sent me once I get this done. Because it's mixed orientation I can't drag in the hierarchy tab.

Thank you!

Former Community Member

I have attached the form that has the following order Log (Landscape), Contract (portrait), Voucher (portrait).  I created this using the same techniques I have described in previous posts.  I followed thses steps:

1)  I opened the "Linked-Forms" form first and changed the order of the pages by dragging and dropping in the Hierarchy view

2)  I inserted a new Master page and set ti to Landscape

3)  I inserted a New Page and associated it with the Landscape Master page

4)  I copied all of the objects from the "Log Conversion" form and pasted them into the new page

5)  I set the page order by (Landscape first) by dragging and dropping in the Hierarchy view

Regards

Steve

Level 1

Thank you for all your help!

The presentation went well. I have just one more issue that I am unable to resolve.

On the attached link documents Target3, I can't get the tabbing to flow btw. Pages two and three. No matter what I do, it won't work.

Please advise on what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!!

Former Community Member

I don't see the "Target3" attachment.  Are you referring to one of the documents you attached in previous posts?

Steve

Level 7

Thanks for this answer. It is unnecessarily awkward to use master pages in LCD compared to Indesign.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----