Expand my Community achievements bar.

HTML Email in LiveCycle ES 2

Level 5

I have a form with a regular button I scripted to compose an email based on fields in the document. I use the following javascript to have an email load and be pre-filled. All the user needs to do is press "send".

event.target.app.mailMsg(

{

bUI: false,

cTo: "yahoo@google.com",

cCc: sendto + "; "harry@harry.com",

cBcc: "",

cSubject: "CREATED IN PDF: Pre-signature Request "

cMsg: "\n" + "\n" + "..............................

The problem is I now need this message body to be in HTML. I don't have to attach a pdf in this email. Just submit an email message. Is there a way to format in html? HTML tags such as <b> </b> don't work in this plain text message.

The following is a great link and would be of help......except I can't find this "Message Body Script" editor anywhere in Livecyle:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/workbenchHelp/help.htm?content=000572.html

2 Replies

Employee

You need to use Workbench in order to use the Email service referenced in the link you posted. When you say you cannot find this message body script anywhere in LC, did you try Workbench?

Level 5

Suvrat,

Thank you for clarifying. I don't beleive I have workbench installed. I only have LiveCycle Designer ES 2 and Adobe Acrobat X Pro. I don't really need an email service as much as I need the ability to change some of the email text to bold. Thank you for your help.