Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to use JMS service ?

Former Community Member

Hi Experts,

I am using standard service sample which comes from adobe site at : http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/samples/StandardServicesJMS.html.

For JMS related activites, we need to use "Connection Factory, Queue Name and Topic Name. This should be created in our application server. I am using JBOSS server.

I dont know where and how to create  above  settings in app server. Actually I googled for sometime  :-(.

Could you please let me know how to create the above settings.

Waiting  for your valuable reply :-) .

Thanks

Praveen

4 Replies

Level 10

You need to configure that on the application server.

This really has nothing to do with LiveCycle.

You should mention the app server you are using. Maybe other people know.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Thanks Jasmin.

Yes I agree with you. We need to create some settings/configs at application server. Is they are specific with LC ES2 or we need to create  as we do for JMS in J2EE env.

Could you please help in getting document for JMS configuration in ES2 ?

Please it is very  urgent.

Thanks

Praveen

Level 10

"Is they are specific with LC ES2 or we need to create  as we do for JMS in J2EE env."

You need to create them as you would do for JMS in J2EE env. Nothing specific for ES2.

Once the queues/topics are created you might need to configure the JMS service (if you don't use the jboss default settings).

For that, go in Workbench, under Components view and look for the JMS service. Then under Active Services/1.0 right-click and select edit service configuration.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Hi, I'd like to find out how to do this as well.  The sample documentation says "create a JMS ConnectionFactory, Queue, and Topic in the application server you are using".

Where can I find instructions on how to create those things (ConnectionFactory, Queue and Topic) on JBOSS?

thanks.